Thursday, July 24, 2014

Lets Talk About...

Our inventories, you thought I was going to say sex didn't you. Shakes her head and laughs, you have a naughty mind my friend. When we all start SL no one ever tells you that organizing your inventory would be a good idea. I honestly think that Linden Labs should tell you that. It took me 6 months before I realized that the inventory needed some help. Finding things was impossible and for a girl who liked clothes what was happening in my inventory was not going to cut it. It took me a solid week to figure out what I was going to do and to make it happen. Another thing I might add is to make sure you do a clean out every once in a while. Just like your real closet or garage for that matter. When you find things that are 'old' 'outdated' or just plain dumb, delete it, you don't need it. This especially goes for your LMs and NCs, check those bitches regularly! LMs die all the time check them out from time to time and put them in folders. This is what mine looks like...


  Keeping your inventory organized and cleaning it out on the regular is what keeps my inventory numbers down. For as much as I shop I am still under 20k items which is a shocker. Everyone organizes things differently! There is no right way to do it and there is no wrong way. I guess there could be if you tossed all your items in folders all called 'new folder'. That could be problematic. Just play with it and find a system that works well for you. To give you an idea let me tell you a bit about mine. I am a neat freak so I like to be able to find things pretty easy. (Though no one ever said I could spell so ignore my spelling errors.) I am also a folder whore, I make them all the time to shove things in, you just have to remember where the folder inside of a folder is located. Below is a photo of how I have my clothes.


 I have base folders for the general idea like Jewelry and Tops. Then there are subfolders in those, for example, I have my Tops folder open. You can see that I have 4 subfolders Long Sleeve, Tank Tops, Tee Shirt and Tube. Then in each of those subfolders, I have it color coded. The same type of system works for other things, not just clothes. I do it with my buildings and even furniture, separating my living room from bedroom items and even having a folder for wall décor like paintings. The idea is to make it easy for you. Don't make it look like mine if it is to confusing for you, do it for yourself you have to live with it. Just do something!! Please save yourself. ϻʌяɀ

No comments:

Post a Comment